Monday 9 January 2023

Memories ... January 10

In Remembrance

(For my 'Family Anniversaries' page)




Click on this link  The Story of James O'Donnell  if you want to read more about James.





Click on this link  The Story of Edmond O'Donnell  if you want to read more about Edmond.


My maternal grandfather James and his father, my maternal great grandfather Edmond, both died on January 10th, which is a coincidence I've only just become aware of recently.  It seems sad in a way that my grandfather died on the same day in January as the father he barely knew, as Edmond died when my grandfather was only 5 years old.

Collating various bits and pieces of information about their lives showed that their day of passing seems to have been the only thing they really did have in common.




On my father's side of the family, January 10th is also the day my paternal granduncle died.  Tragically he died by his own hands, having seemingly never recovered from the trauma of witnessing the gruesome death of his younger brother.  Life can be cruel sometimes!





I've told the stories of both John Edgar and his brother James Alfred in this post:  Fire!


No comments:

Post a Comment