Sunday 20 September 2020

My Close Family

 When I began researching my family tree about ten years ago, I literally had just a handful of photos of my parents and grandparents.  I think there were about six or seven of my mother, taken quite a long time ago, as she had died when I was quite young. Similarly, the photos I had of my maternal grandparents, aunt and uncles were were from the 1940s / 1950s, and I could count them on one hand!

As for my paternal side, I had two photos of Dad when he was in his early 20s, and the rest of the collection dated from the his wedding day onwards until his death in 2016, but nothing from his childhood.  Additionally, I had only one photo of my paternal grandmother and none at all of my paternal grandfather.  

Now, as a result of reaching out and renewing contact with close relatives, along with around a decade of research, I have a much larger collection of precious photos of my close family.  I've put these together to make a brief family movie that I can pass on to the next generation.

Unfortunately, the movie was too big to upload as a whole, so I've had to split it into two parts:

Part 1:  The Connors side  (paternal)

                (hover over screen and click on the box in the bottom right-hand corner to go full screen)



Part 2:  The O'Donnell side  (maternal)








No comments:

Post a Comment